Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Adele's Skyfall theme is good, but Joe Cornish's Quantum of Solace is still the best.

So terrific is this satirical Bond theme song that I find myself humming it when I think of Daniel Craig's last 007 picture, only to remember that it wasn't the actual theme to Quantum Of Solace.  If by some weird miracle you've never heard this ditty over the last four years, take a listen.  Joke or not, it's the catchiest 007 theme song since, I dunno, Duran Duran's "Dance into the Fire" from A View to a Kill.    Anyway, about 90 seconds of Adele's theme song for the upcoming Skyfall leaked online yesterday and I have to say it's pretty darn good.  I'm not a hardcore Adele fan ("Someone Like You" is even more frighteningly stalker-ish than Sting's "Every Breath You Take"), but she dials back the vocal melodramatics and the tune is better for it.  I'm of the opinion that most 007 themes are pretty silly, so that I actually like this one and would listen to it as a stand-alone single is pretty high praise.  The official release of the whole song comes on October 5th on AdeleTv.  If you want a sneak peak, go here.

Scott Mendelson  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels