Monday, June 6, 2011

Conan the Barbarian character posters... because they are there.






I have no real interest in this new Conan the Barbarian movie.  Director Marcus Nispel already tried his hand at the genre with Pathfinder and failed pretty hard, so I see no reason why Lionsgate should give him another (bigger-budgeted and 3D-converted) shot at the same apple.  I didn't post any of the trailers because the only thing worth commenting on is the fact that there were so many shots of Conan swinging his sword at the screen that I was wondering if WE (us, the audience) were the villains of the piece.  Anyway, I am surprised at the quality of the cast, as I rather like Perlman, Lang, and Rachel Nichols.  All I have to offer about Rose McGowen is that she seems to have had some rather unfortunate plastic surgery in the last year, as evidenced by her appearance on a recent episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.  I try not to talk about physical appearances, especially of female celebrities (they get enough of that elsewhere), but this was a clear case where she was frankly better off aging naturally.  I'm really only posting these pics because I like character posters and they were all released on the same day, making the organization process that much easier. Anyway, this one comes out on August 19th, in 3D and (I hope) 2D.  As always, we'll see.

Scott Mendelson

1 comment:

mouse said...

If they hadn't cast Jason Mamoa as Conan I likely wouldn't have cared much about this remake. But he shaped up to be a fairly talented actor after his Baywatch days. Ms. McGowan will always look like she's still in Doom Generation to me, no matter how bad the poor dear messes up her face.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels