Tuesday, November 16, 2010

And the pre-Harry Potter trailer deluge begins with... Cars 2.


I'm not going rehash my feelings about the first Cars, but I will say that this sequel seems to suffer from the same problem, in that it feels more like a C-level Dreamworks (Shark Tale) or F-level Lionsgate (Happily N'Ever After) cartoon than something from the people who brought us Wall-E. Still, Pixar has earned the right to goof off when they want to, and I suppose there was no place to go after the relentless seriousness-of-purpose found in Wall-E, Up, and Toy Story 3 than back to something frothier. Obviously, this is a brief tease, and I had no idea Michael Caine was going to be in this (I didn't recognize the foreign female voice). This one comes out June 24, 2011. I will likely have other plans that day, but I'll discuss that in a later post. As always, we'll see...

Scott Mendelson

1 comment:

Nicki said...

I wonder if there is any way to keep this movie a secret. My now 4 year old nephew LOVED the first one and will no doubt drive us all batty when he finds out this one. I know more about Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater than an adult probably ever should. *sighs*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels