Monday, July 6, 2009

Red-Band trailer for Diablo Cody's new horror film, Jennifer's Body

For all the pomp and circumstance that will likely greet Cody's follow-up to Juno, this doesn't look all that different from the straight to DVD horror film Tamara. Once again, we have the apparent subtext (or explicit text) that surely any young women who is as attractive and in complete control of her sexuality as Jennifer (Megan Fox) must be a murderous monster in disguise (Species played that card as well). I'm hoping Cody and director Karyn Kusama (Girl Fight, Aeon Flux) are going for something a little deeper than that, or at least a deconstruction of that old horror tripe. On the plus side, for those not interested in Fox's onscreen exhibitionism, we have Amanda Seyfried doing the 'I'm not hot because I wear glasses' shtick (HA!). Nice touch, using The Waitresses' 'I Know What Boys Like' as the music for the third act of the trailer. Na-Na-Na-Nah-Na, indeed. For those interested, this one comes out September 18th. As usual for this kind of thing, I'm sure my wife will drag me on opening night.

Scott Mendelson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels