Thursday, April 23, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince posters- Mostly grand, but why is Draco's nose so um... altered?


These are four pretty terrific posters for the upcoming Harry Potter picture. No one does individual character posters better than Warner Bros, and these action shots are no exception. Everyone looks moody and serious and, for the first time that I can recall for one of these films, Ron Weasley isn't being made the butt of a joke or made to look foolish in the print materials.

Just one awkward question. Why is Draco Malfoy's face and specifically his nose so um... altered? If I were Tom Felton's agent, I would not be happy about this relatively obvious misrepresentation of my client's facial features. Especially when compared with the screen shot from the latest film on the right, someone took some creative license at drawing board. I'd hate to think that someone at Warner decided that the evil Draco Malfoy needed a less Aryan nose to better represent the forces of Voldemort. That would of course be ironic, since Voldemort and his Death Eaters are all about genetic superiority and ethnic cleansing. I'm sure I'm making too much of this, but the artwork really jumped out at me.

2 comments:

social media strategy said...

Haha.This is really a funny question,well I think Draco's role in the finale episode of Harry Potter's The Deathly Hollows was great.Done reading about it.I'm a fanatic.

social media strategy said...

Haha.This is really a funny question,well I think Draco's role in the finale episode of Harry Potter's The Deathly Hollows was great.Done reading about it.I'm a fanatic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels