Friday, August 1, 2008

I feel better already...

From The New York Times, a fun top-10 list of stuff that many of us worry about, apparently needlessly. The shark attack thing is pretty obvious, but I was shocked to realize that plastic bags are better than paper for the environment. Of course, it only works if you actually recycle the plastic bags and most of us do not. Free tip - plastic bags from Target and the like make perfect size garbage bags for small trashcans for the bathroom and other small rooms (for that matter, giant bags from Toys R Us and Babies R Us work perfectly with the large trash cans too).

I'm also glad to realize that I'm not poisoning myself with bisphenol-a when I re-use my wife's empty water bottles and fill them with whatever beverage I don't buy in cans or bottles (V8 Fusion, chocolate milk, orange juice, basically anything other than soda and Naked Juice etc). I still think that bottled water is a waste of space and money, but at least the bottles are getting more than one use (followed by a trip to my work's recycling bin).

Some of this stuff I hadn't even heard about. Missing matter? Unmarked wormholes? I didn't know I should be concerned about that, so imagine my relief to discover that I shouldn't be.

Scott Mendelson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels